IEEE GLOBECOM 2021 Workshop on:
Human-Centric and Tactile IoT
This Workshop aims at investigating human-centricity and Tactile Internet, as key enablers for the next-generation Internet of Things (IoT). We are welcoming contributions providing innovative research, as well as technical contributions, providing solutions to interoperability, integration, and interconnection of heterogeneous IoT systems, at any specific level (device, networking, middleware, application services, data and semantics), and at global platform level that are related to human-centric tactile IoT.
The workshop welcomes original papers addressing (but not limited to) the topics below:
- Next generation IoT architectures with a focus on user-aware, self-aware and semi-autonomous IoT systems.
- New real-time capable solutions, which solve performance challenges such as streaming and filtering at the edge, latency and network constraints.
- New distributed AI, address security, privacy and trust requirements by design and allow for new decentralised topologies and governance.
- Interoperability mechanisms coping with the increased complexity of connecting vast numbers of heterogeneous devices with escalating demands for data sharing
- Techniques for privacy protection, data monetization and contractual arrangements (e.g. blockchains/DLTs) for ensuring secure and trusted interaction.
- Intelligent IoT devices including resource-aware hardware/software concepts, low power processor platforms integrating computing, networking, storage and acceleration elements.
- New communication schemes and topologies that range from the cloud continuum towards mesh and securing computing and communication at device level with constrained resources.
- Contextual IoT based on human-centric sensing/actuating, augmented/virtual reality and new IoT service capabilities
- Integration solutions with parallel and opportunistic computing capabilities, neuromorphic and contextual computing.
- Time-sensitive and ultra-low latency networking like 5G and beyond (6G) networks, Time Sensitive Networking (TSN) and different mesh networks with low latency capabilities.
- 15th July 2021: Submission deadline.
- 15th September 2021: Acceptance / rejection notification.
- 15th November 2021: Final camera ready papers.
- 7th-11th December 2021 (TBA): Workshop dates.